- Eye Exam Guide for Patients – this thread discussed a hilarious, but true to life, exam guide for patients about how not to conduct themselves during a visit to their optometrist.
- Xiidra – members discussed tips on prescribing and patient counselling on this new eye med, introduced in Canada March 2018.
- A Great New Online Journal – All about O.D./MD collaboration: https://collaborativeeye.com
- Staff Discounts – COG members discussed their ideas/policies on providing staff and family discounts on goods and services.
- Virtual Fax Service – a number of great tips were provided on using a virtual fax service to save on faxing/phone costs whilst improving office efficiency.
- Capturing OCT and photo on highly myopic eyes – a number of clinical recommendations/observations were cited in this discussion.
- Unavailability of Fluorescein Sodium – the short supply of NaFL has posed difficulties for optometrists across North America, including Canada. Alternative sources and clinical ideas were discussed on how to circumvent the ongoing shortage of NaFL.
- Provincial Matters – the BC Keratoconus Billing Code, and new Ontario Driving Vision Regulations were discussed.
- NCT and Lipiview – these were two of several equipment threads that were active this month on COG.
Peter Rozanec, OD
owner of a two doctor clinic in Port Credit Ontario. Peter is the co-founder and current moderator of the Canadian Optometry Group, or COG for short.